AV Investment Associate
Job Description – AV Investment Associate
All Response Media is the UK's leading customer acquisition media planning and buying agency. We are specialists in performance marketing.
We are a fun and friendly place to work and we have a reputation for discovering and nurturing some of the finest minds in the business.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the Investment & client teams, enabling them to meet deadlines in a timely fashion and playing a larger role in project delivery. It is also an opportunity to begin to develop your negotiation skills for the benefit of ARM clients.
The nature of All Response Media’s business requires a high level of flexibility, common sense and attention to detail. While the specific content of your role is clearly defined, this may evolve over time and needs a proactive, hands-on approach to duties.
We expect you to show confidence and competence in some key areas. You will be expected to undertake various training/induction programs, internally and externally, throughout your first year of employment. This will include the commencement of IPA beginner’s qualification and Google qualification, where felt appropriate.
- Having good working relationships with media owners, internal client teams & specialist agency services such as Data & Systems
- Working closely with the planner/buyers to ensure hard buying targets are being met
- Value delivery
- Quality delivery where appropriate
- Spend checks
- Liaising regularly with media owners to ensure all administrative duties in the day-to-day buying of AV media are being carried out by them and the relevant ARM teams
- Ability to take current market conditions and identify & negotiate short term market opportunities that ARM clients can benefit from
- Ability to use research to identify target audiences and insights that can be developed into buying strategies
- Running the weekly buyers’ meetings to ensure airtime management is being carried out to a high standard
- Demonstrate a pro-active “can-do”attitude by completing work on an unprompted basis and regularly providing status updates for your line manager
- Proficiently use the tools and systems used regularly by the Investment Team to provide insight & data – DS Media, Caria Media Explorer, Echo, RAPSure, AdDynamix, Mediatel, Profiles
- Have established a sound understanding of how the buying process is managed from briefing to campaign evaluation
- Ensure the supply of all the relevant numbers required for TV planning are distributed to the floor on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for every monthly TV reconciliation process & liaise with the ARM account teams and media owners to ensure collation, ready for the AV Investment Manager or Head of AV to sign off
- Begin to develop presentation skills, to grow confidence presenting to a range of audiences
- Be aware of the importance and implications of TV practices on Finance
- Have a sound understanding of ARM clients and what their broad requirements are for customer acquisition – e.g. target audience & target £CPA
- Using the 2 x points above, continue to develop your negotiation techniques and skills by beginning to design mini deals of your own. Identify an opportunity, discuss it with your line manager and once approval is given to proceed, negotiate it with the media owner
- Begin to develop your management skills, by ensuring the Investment Executive is carrying out all of their responsibilities in a timely manner, without error and to a high standard (where appropriate)
- Proactively read the trade press and email bulletins and share relevant information internally
- Timely management of financial queries and ensuring timesheets are kept up to date
Attention to Detail
You must demonstrate your ability to provide accurate information, ensuring it is in a usable format and delivered in a timely fashion to whoever requires it. You should put methods in place to ensure you do not overlook things e.g. checklist and calendar. Ensure that at all times you follow policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety.
To demonstrate control over the amount of time spent on a task ensuring you are productive. Show the ability to prioritise and organise your workload effectively with input from Line Manager, in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines. Exhibit a strong work ethic ensuing you are not late or do not waste company time.
Communication (written and verbal)
You need to demonstrate good communication skills, instilling confidence in others with regard to your knowledge, competency and ability to deliver. Demonstrating the ability to adjust your language and delivery dependant on the needs of your audience is key to your success. Identify timings and channels of communication to ensure that you are listened to and understood. Assertive but fair communication with colleagues is essential as is the ability to be diplomatic. You need to be watching those around you and learning from them. We don’t expect you to know everything – but we do expect you to ASK if you are in any doubt.
Administration and Planning Tools
You must be competent in basic admin including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Demonstrate increased competence in core offline/online systems. You must be competent in basic planning and monitoring across Caria/Proifiles/Insight/RAPS/Advanced DDS programmes and proficient in the use of excel formulas. Have a good understanding of the schedules and spreadsheets that are used on a daily basis and ability to construct these with reduced assistance.
You must have a good understanding of core terminologies for all media discipline. Along with this it is of the upmost importance for you to know the different offline/online purchasing mechanisms and have a basic understanding of digital media activity, Demonstrate a growing knowledge of client sectors and business.
Adaptability, flexibility and mobility
You will be responsive and adaptable to change and new information. Show willingness to modify approaches in order to meet goals and continuously improve yourself as well as the business. Ensure you have the equipment that you require to carry out your job efficiently e.g. materials, tools, transport.
We offer excellent progression opportunities and you will gain a wide range of skills from working with us, developing and progressing your career.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Competitive holiday allowance (increases with service)
- Private Healthcare and Pension
- Life cover
- Annual company away day
- Enhanced sick pay
- Free fruit in the office
- Staff bar from 5pm daily §
- Flexi-Friday (8.15am-4.15pm)
- Eye Test
- Cycle to work scheme
- L&D opportunities
- Half day holiday for birthday
- Baby gift and Wedding gift
- Season Ticket Loan
- Long term service bonus and Recruitment Incentive Scheme